This API provides building data for the City of Montreal. The data was prepared by Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart
for OGC Testbed-18
– Bâtiments 3D 2016, Ville de Montréal
(detailed building geometries for six arrondissements)
– Building Footprints, National Resources Canada
(extruded building footprints using the building height for all other arrondissements)
– Unités d'évaluation foncière, Ville de Montréal
(building function, year of construction, building category)
– 500 buildings in Hampstead (HTML
– Buildings in a small bounding box around Percival Molson Stadium (HTML
– Buildings higher than 150 meters in Ville-Marie (HTML
– Buildings in Ville-Marie build before 1870 (HTML
– Notre-Dame (HTML
– A single building feature in the dataset, that is a church and an office building (HTML
– The dataset as 3D Tiles (HTML using Cesium JS
, Tileset JSON
– The dataset as Mapbox Vector Tiles (HTML using MapLibre GL JS
– The API has not been optimized for query performance.
– Most geometries have issues, for example, the polygons are often not planar.
– The CityJSON data in the links above is in the compound coordinate reference system
NAD83(CSRS)/UTM zone 18N + CGVD2013 height
), not the native CRS of the dataset
NAD83(CSRS)/MTM zone 8 + CGVD28 height
(a compound CRS of
), because CityJSON and OGC API Features both require a pre-defined compound EPSG or OGC CRS.
This API is developed as part of OGC Testbed-18
. The API is a work-in-progress and subject to change.